On behalf of our school’s administrative team and staff, we want to thank you for partnering with us as we journey through the 2020-2021 school year. On Wednesday 18th November, we received the news that schools in the NYCDOE will be operating with full time remote instruction for all students. The purpose of this letter is to give you an outline of what to expect while our buildings are closed. Please know you can always contact us at any time and we will be in constant communication as we proceed.
- All students regardless of their cohort assignment will be expected to participate in remote learning everyday with their classroom teacher and cluster teachers using the google classroom platform
- Related Service Providers will continue to follow the same schedules they set up for your child and all services will be provided remotely
- The school day for all students will remain the same starting at 8:30am and ending at 2:00pm
- Teacher office hours will be from 2:00-2:20pm everyday which will allow for you to communicate and engage with your child’s teachers
Please make every effort to have your child participate in live learning sessions offered throughout the school day
- morning group lessons
- one to one sessions scheduled with classroom teacher
- cluster group lessons
- classroom group lessons
- related services (speech, OT, PT) and ENL services
By 8:30am daily, work and/or activities will be posted in your child’s google classroom for your child to complete throughout the day
We understand this shift from blended to remote learning is challenging and your child’s team will work with you as best as possible to encourage daily attendance and engagement. Please make sure that your child participates in the live sessions that we have mentioned above. We are here to support you in any way that we can. Please see the attached schedule on the next page for your reference.